73 rd Raheny Scouts


Go to content

Our Den

The location of the 73rd Scout Den is situated on the site of the old school, built in 1820 bounded to the east by the Santry River and to the north by the Howth Road.

The old den was built in 1968 and catered for the 72nd Killester Scout Unit, the 73rd Raheny Scout Unit and for a time the 74th Edenmore Scout Unit.

With the increase in the numbers of sections with the Raheny Unit, it was decided to expand the building facilities on the site. This development commenced in 1977 and was completed in November 1980, providing 2 additional hall spaces with ancillary facilities. The new den was maliciously set fire on Halloween 1982 with the consequence of a lot of internal damage to the building. This damage was made good over a 9 month peroid and the Den made more secure by the fittings of steel dooras and a burgular alarm.

Home Page | Location | What is Scouting? | Our Den | About Us | Photo Gallery | New Programme | News | Group Hike | Sections | Upcoming Events | Leaders Past & Present | Contact Us | Links | Site Map


Back to content | Back to main menu